Sunday 9 January 2011

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - My Review!




A young fugitive prince and princess must stop a villain who unknowingly threatens to destroy the world with a special dagger that that enables the magic sand inside to reverse time (imdb)


This brings me back to when I was a wee thing watching ‘King Solomon’s Mines’ with the “dashing” Richard Chamberlain as ‘Allan Quatermain’ and knowing even then that I should be embarrassed for (not even secretly) enjoying the cheese feast before my youthful eyes.  I don’t know how it happened because I got the same kick from watching ‘Prince of Persia’.  I shouldn’t have liked it but I did.  I don’t know why or how.  From Jake Gyllenhaal’s over muscle arms and straggly hair, to Gemma Arterton’s character ‘Tamina’ being told every two minutes how beautiful she is, to the “omg I’ve seen this 1001 times” plot, to the “oh you’re such a baddy” baddies, I mean who hasn’t seen this before? But that’s probably why I liked it! Sometimes you are in a mood for a film that doesn’t require thought! From the very start of this movie you know its a ‘dashing young hero sets to clear his name and tries to win the heart of the young maiden’ type of movie.  Can you guess if he does?

I can’t help it, maybe I was in a weird mood but I thought it was OK

It is a popcorn movie and I’m giving it a generous 6.5/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment